Re: Regression in Radeon driver in latest Debian Stable kernel

On 15 May 2024 20:40 +0100, from piorunz@gmx.com (piorunz):
> I have reported a regression in latest Linux kernel in Debian Stable:
>
> segfault at amdgpu_dm_atomic_commit_tail

You made this bug report less than 48 hours ago. While I can certainly
understand that you would like to see it fixed, that's not an
inordinate amount of time to wait.

What probably _would_ be helpful is to see whether you can recreate
the same scenario with the vanilla kernel.org kernels of the same
versions; confirming that the issue exists with the vanilla 6.1.90
kernel _and_ that the issue goes away when booting the vanilla kernel
of whatever exact version your earlier package is (I'm guessing
6.1.85), both when built with the same configuration options as the
kernels shipped by Debian. That would confirm whether what you are
seeing is something somehow introduced by Debian, or an upstream bug.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”