Re: Dovecot correct ownership for logs

On 14/5/24 04:16, Richard wrote:
Maybe someone here knows how the ownership of these files for Dovecot needs to be in order to work, as various distributions of Dovecot packages seem to use different users: I'd like Dovecot not to log into syslog, but to dedicated files. Therefore I've created the directory /var/log/dovecot and told dovecot in 10-logging.conf to log info, debug and error messages to separate files.  But I get error messages from postfix (weird):

A possible cause of problems between postfix and dovecot is that postfix usuallly runs chroot so the file tree it sees is not the same as the one the rest of the system sees.