Re: How to create a custom Debian ISO

Hi,

Marvin Renich wrote:
> The package live-build from the Debian Live project might help you do
> what you want.

Indeed the live-build package seems to be in use outside Debian's own
ISO production. Mailing list is
  debian-live@lists.debian.org
There exists a manual
  https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/index.en.html

Installation ISOs are made by package debian-cd, of which i am not aware
that it would have have users outside the official ISO production.i
Mailing list is
  debian-cd@lists.debian.org
Your impression about lack of documentation is not wrong as far as this
project is concerned. :))

Nevertheless the production step of packing up the ISO from a prepared
file tree is documented together with methods to use a Debian installation
ISO as base for the preparation:
  https://wiki.debian.org/RepackBootableISO

Packages may probably be added at the appropriate place in the directory
tree under /pool. (Managing a Debian repo is not my turf. Sorry for
being vague here.)

Changing the content of a Debian ISO might need some follow-up work in
administrative files of the ISO.
When merging Debian ISOs, my script
  https://dev.lovelyhq.com/libburnia/libisoburn/raw/branch/master/test/merge_debian_isos
manipulates:
  /README.txt
  /dists/*/Release
and merges the files listed in /dists/*/Release.
You would have to explore whether these files are affected by your
changes.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas