Re: debian bookworm japanese kana input disabled

/var/log/apt/history will tell you what apt also has been showing you during that process. Never just mindlessly agree to what apt tells you it's about to do, especially pay attention to the app list for "remove" and "auto-remove". Things can always go wrong. So if apt told you it will remove some package for whatever reason that's needed for kana, it will have done so. So check the history and have a look at any packages from that timestamp that where set to be removed.

Best
Richard