Re: time_t transitions in testing

On 2024-05-03 06:11, songbird wrote:
songbird wrote:
  the on-going time_t transitions may be causing some packages
to be removed for a while as dependencies get adjusted.

  i've currently not been doing full upgrades because there are
many Mate packages that would be removed.

  i decided to see what i could get upgraded tonight and
have done it in layers.

  mainly i wanted to make sure that anything removed was
being replaced and that my desktop would still be usable
and that seems to have happened.

  so far it seems to have gone well but i'm on the last 400
packages (it takes me a bit to download since i'm not on a
super-fast connection).  with how things have gone so far i
don't expect any hiccups.

  i <heart> Debian and testing aka trixie.  :)

  thanks to all in the Debian community who have gotten this
done.

Eeeek "725 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them" It seemed to be that "apt upgrade" installed a few of them, there was a message something wouldn't be installed because there were no headers so after getting the linux-headers for the kernel and rebooting apt installed the rest.
mick