Re: speaker-test: no correct sound output on LFE and others speakers

Hi,

> > > The issue is that speaker-test doesn't play sound to the correct speaker. If
> > > I run:
> > >
> > > ~$ speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -s3 -f75
> > >
> > > The sound comes from (Center), (Front right), (Rear left) and (Rear right)
> > > speakers instead (Front right) only.
> >
> > What's bothering me is that you get sound from multiple speakers while
> > instructing out on only one.
> >
> > The usual issues of these setups with surround analog out are:
> > - channel mapping issues (driver/hardware mismatch)
> > - software downmixing to stereo
> >
> > There are other usual issues with surrount digital out but this is not
> > your setup.
> >
> > You can have a look at [1] for software fixes on this.
> >
> > [1] https://alsa.opensrc.org/SurroundSound
>
> The link you posted it shows rather outdated fixes, it talked about Jackd
> daemon and surround, but I have pulseaudio daemon, maybe I've pulseaudio
> daemon misconfiguration

My understanding is that pulseaudio uses alsa for kernel interface and
that speaker-test uses alsa directly. So if one cannot get speaker-test
to sound right, it cannot work with pulseaudio. That why I suggest workarounds
in alsa conf (asoundrc).

Alex