Re: Graphic Equalizer for Sound

On 2024-05-01, Richmond <dnomhcir@gmx.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have a graphic equalizer for sound output? I am using
> the Mate desktop. I installed EasyEffects from a flatpak and it appears
> on the menu but does nothing. I don't know the command line. Probably
> there is an error.

Why install from flatpak when there is a native Debian package?

At any rate, the wiki informs me that you need to install pipewire to
get the easyeffects app to work. You don't mention pipewire, so maybe
your problem lies in not having this essential dependency installed.

I'm unfamiliar with flatplak, so I don't whether it would've installed
this dependency, as would've occurred had you simply relied on our
venerable deb system, which generally works like the proverbial charm.

https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/pipewire

(an audio and video processing engine multimedia server).