Possible to feed a scan from HPLIP Toolbox to ocrmypdf?

Hi, I have installed hplip and hplip-gui onto my Debian Bookworm installation. I can load HPLIP Toolbox and scan from my HP Photosmart 6510 and it will create some reasonable quality scans, but without ocr.

I can then manually process the file with "ocrmypdf" to create a good quality ocr-ed version of the scan.

Is there a possibility to script HPLIP Toolbox to automatically use "ocrmypdf" and ocr the scanned document? Has anybody done it?

I posted this onto the HPLIP project at Launchpad but I had no replies.

I also installed "gscan2pdf" and it does scan and ocr in one go but the quality is terrible compared to ocrmypdf, eve using higher dpi resolutions.

I have in the meantime also installed xsane and gocr. The latter can make a txt file of the ocr but I haven't managed to incorporate this onto the pdf. Also the quality of the scan with xsane is as poor as gscan2pdf. There must be something in HPLIP that makes better scans.

I don't mind manually ocr-ing the file myself if that is the only solution.

Thanks.

--
Ottavio Caruso