Re: shred bug? [was: Unidentified subject!]

Hi,

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Heh.  Don't forget your own attempts to use a shredder as a PRNG stream.

My original idea was to watch a minimal shred run by teeing its work into
a checksummer.

But then topic drift came in. So we got a farm show of random generators
and a discussion about what exactly is a bug in shred's documentation.
Plus the shell programming webinar. And a diagnosis about a rightously
failed attempt to change the partition table type from MBR/DOS to GPT.

And this all because Gene Heskett was adventurous enough to buy a cheap
fake USB disk.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas