Re: Seeking a Terminal Emulator on Debian for "Passthrough" Printing

Hello,

>> Suggestion:  Make another description of the challenge.
>>
>> Describe it as a travelling route.  Spend effort on telling
>> what the endpoints were and are.

Our current starting point as being a third-party terminal emulator provided by a licensed company. This emulator runs on an outdated version of Windows and older Wyse versions and supports only the Telnet protocol, limiting our ability to establish secure connections.

Now, our mandatory choice, if no other alternative emerges is to upgrade our infrastructure by transitioning to newer Wyse clients equipped with more recent versions of Windows and migrating to the commercial emulator from the same company (or another) which supports the SSH protocol and Passthrough Printing. We aim to migrate to an open-source terminal emulator that supports the Passthrough Printing, thereby offering improved security and this remains our preferred path.

Currently, PuTTY is an option but its current version has limitations that make it insufficient for our operational use.
We have conducted research in our quest to find such an open-source emulator with full Passthrough Printing, but thus far, we have been unable to identify one that fully meets our needs.

Best Regards,
Thierry