Re: ToG Linux (first draft of a RFC) ...

 BTW, except for the GRUB/boot loading phase and its possible useful
aspects relating to ToG-L (which I haven't found the time to study), I
would say that 80%+ of the whole project I have already implemented
with my lousy bash scripts skills and in java/GRAALVM as a first
"proof of concept" and of the rest of it I have kept a thoroughgoing
functional mental map. I have had to fight such issues for a long time
and I initially thought of such things as ad hoc momentary solutions
to be able to use the Internet, but at some point I started to think
of it in an articulate and comprehensive way.

> 2.5)* where are the knoppix-like boot options: "toram",
> "tohd=<partition>", "fromhd=<partition>", "myconf=<...>", "home=<...>"
> in Debian Live?

 We all know that a DVD caddy could be easily bugged as well (the USPS
keeps stocks of all kinds of equally looking things which are bugged)
and  a DVD caddy is more of a mechanical, more power consuming thing,
so it would be ideal to go the knoppix-like "toram" way. Knoppix these
days is based a debian, so figuring out the grub hack to pass start up
arguments to the kernel at boot time shouldn't be difficult. You would
also be freeing the DVD port in case you need it.

> 6.1)* you will have to keep one in your backpack inside of a
> protective box or use a partition of your USB pendrive to boot your
> computer (ideally if some sort of knoppix-like fromhd boot option is
> used, there should be an option to check the size, type and sha*sum of
> the iso)

 "bootfrom" would be also nice (I think in knoppix you can even
combine the "bootfrom=<...>.iso" and "toram" start up options!). These
days it doesn't matter much because you could use WSL (Windows
Subsystem for Linux), but for whatever reason you may want to just use
Linux.

> ... that thing they used to call "privacy".

 I am old enough to remember the times in which telling someone that:
"you care about their privacy" would have been taken as an odd joke.
It would tacitly mean that -you have no privacy whatsoever-! Privacy
is one of those things you would have to take care of yourself! (ToG-L
would enable "we the people" to do so) In some European countries not
just the government has implanted chips in military personnel, but
your boss would make it a precondition to be hired even though it
doesn't relate to your job description in the least! "We the people"
would get chipped just to be part of a dance club! Some government
have had ideas about chipping everyone which makes you wonder if
people have started to lose their senses "in the end of times" ...

 Einstein who made his main occupation the mathematically measurable
aspect of the it, mind you, said: "two things are infinite: the
universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".

 I am not trying to be persuasive anyone. I actually think in the
times we are living things have gotten more than half way off for way
too long and we, scientists, tech monkeys and Mathematicians could and
should inform "we the people" and help them more actively have their
stand on, way out of such issues.

 lbrtchx