Re: how to firefox settings

On 2023-12-06 at 13:07, debian-user@howorth.org.uk wrote:

> fxkl47BF@protonmail.com wrote:
>
>> on a page in firefox use tools -> page info -> permissions i notice
>> override keyboard shortcuts is set to allow where can i change the
>> defaults for this
>
> Defaults are built-in; you can't change them (except by modifying
> the source and recompiling).
>
> You can turn off the Use defaults button and then change Allow or
> Block as you wish. That's what the popup allows.

I parsed the question as asking: "how can I configure things so that on
a new profile for a new user, this comes up by default with a different
value?".

Depending on the details, that might be something that could be achieved
via Firefox policy templates; I haven't looked at trying to do this by
that mechanism, but it's the main thing that could potentially do it
AFAIK, short of (as you say) modifying the source and recompiling.

I don't have the link for the policy-templates site handy, but it should
be easily findable by searching for those terms.

--
   The Wanderer