Re: Isolated Web Co Session crash Firefox-ESR

On 3/12/23 13:59, Phil Wyett wrote:
Your system RAM total is?

32G

You have swap and it is enabled?

No Swap. I prefer not on SSD

What Desktop Environment (DE) are you using - GNOME, KDE etc.?

Mate with multiple panels.

How many apps would you normally be running on the system at once?

3 x web browsers Firefox - multiple windows,  Chrome one window, Chromium one window

Intermittently mate terminals and LibreOffice applications

How many extensions have you installed/running in firefox?

Several. All the usual blockers plus bypass paywalls clean and Multi Account Containers

How many tabs would you normally have open?

In firefox, perhaps 20 over two windows

What type of content is generally being viewed/used in firefox?

A lot of video and otherwise news and search and GPT4

When the system starts to become sluggish, have you looked at the firefox 'Task Manager' under tools to see if anything stands out?

Previously I have seen the Isolated Web Co processes maxing CPU and the CPU fans starting to roar. Nothing unusual in content at the time and if I kill all ESR related processes it quiets down and I can resume the closed windows and tabs at much reduced CPU

It's obvious the main culprit is Firefox-ESR and the Isolated Web Co processes. What triggers it other than elapsed time I have no idea