Re: Hardware Misses on MacBook Air M1 2020

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 10:39 PM Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 11:31 PM Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
I have an M1-chip 2020 MacBook Air on which I have dual-booted with Debian 12 initially, then "upgraded" to sid (in hopes of getting better hardware support). It has several hardware ... glitches, and my google-fu is failing me in finding solutions. I'm hoping someone here can help.

<snip hardware issues>

Have you considered just running Debian in a Virtual Machine until hardware support matures.

I started to look at that yesterday, but apparently VirtualBox doesn't support the Mac's M1 chip, and QEMU looked a bit daunting on the Mac, so I gave up on that pursuit for now. The issues I'm currently having seem less painful to me than getting a VM up and running on the M1 Mac.

--
Kent West                    <")))><
IT Support / Client Support