Re: Password managers

On 10/11/2023 10:32, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 5:25 AM Timothy M Butterworth <timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com <mailto:timothy.m.butterworth@gmail.com>> wrote:

        <mailto:paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
         > > Folks:
         > >
         > > Does anyone know of a password manager which will store a
        variety of
         > > user-defined information for each login, and not store that
         > > information
         > > on the internet (and which is free as in beer)?
         > >

         > Take a look at 'secrets' which is a Gnome native app. It uses a
         > database and key file compatible with Password Safe.

    I have been looking for a password manager that was as simple and
    easy to use as password manager and Secrets is definitely it. Thanks
    so much for pointing out this program.

I spoke to soon Password Safe is now available for Linux. https://sourceforge.net/projects/passwordsafe/files/Linux/1.18.0/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/passwordsafe/files/Linux/1.18.0/> I used to run Password Safe in Wine. It is so good to see that it has been ported to linux.

The Linux port of PasswordSafe has been around for several years: I couldn't be without it!

Peter HB