local (lan) mirror - release not supported error

For several years I have been running approx on a machine in the lan,
using it to install and update Debian for myself and friends.  I have
installed several releases, the last being release 12.2 on this
machine.

Because approx "just runs" trouble-free, I have forgotten the details of
the installation.  But now, trying to install
"debian-12.2.0-i386-netinst.iso", I get the error "release not
supported" error when I attempt to specify the local mirror
(192.168.1.40:9999).

RLH