Re: How to compare one folder to one directory

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> > Personally I don't see "directory" as being more scary or technical
> > than "folder".

Apparently, Americans are scared of words with more than two syllables.

debian-user@howorth.org.uk (12023-11-02):
> While I belong to the 'directory is the correct term' school of
> thought, I can see how the idea of a folder is a thing that contains
> other things (and specifically files sometimes) appeals, whilst a
> [telephone] directory is just a thick book.

And that is precisely what filesystem directories are: they do not
contain anything except a list of names and numbers.

Folder is the metaphor, directory is the fact.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George