Re: Sound only as root

Am Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2023, 12:01:01 CEST schrieb Marco M:

Please read my mail:

--- snip ----

Environment:

Debian stable with pipewire, window manager is plasma5 (but every other wm

shows the same problem).

I am in the group "audio".

What might first help, I would like to know, if the settings of /dev/snd/* are

correct:

/dev/snd = root:root , drwxr-xr-x

All others below /dev/snd are set

crw-rw--- = root:audio

> Am Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:25:51 +0200

> schrieb Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>:

> > Please note, that generally sound is working as a normal user, only

> > this application needs root.

> Are you in the group "audio"?

> Does the application use PipeWire or PulseAudio?

> Check pavucontrol.

Pipewire has a pulseaudio module. But before I tested with pulseaudio, both showed no difference and no success.

Best

Hans