[SOLVED] Re: Hidden UUID?

> If you haven't re-created the initial ramdisk for your system, that
> might be the culprit. You can do something like
> # update-initamfs -u
> to re-create the initramfs for the running kernel.
> $ man update-initramfs
> shows more options.

Hi Markus and Alexander,

thanks for the fast response. Yes, this was the trick, just update the
initramfs Well I thought of it, too, but did update-grub thinking, this would
renewel the initramfs, too.

But obviously I was wrong.

So, it is working again.

May I ask another question? In my BIOS I can not deactivate the floppy drive,
but obviously the BIOS thinks, there is one.  As I have no floppy drive, I get
errors related to /dev/fd0.

Qiestion: Will the kernel parameter "--no-floppy" exactly do, what I think?
Never try to access a /dev/fd0?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Best

Hans