Re: HP RP2430 RISC sysytem

> AFAICT the RP-2430 has a 650MHz PA-8700.  Not sure how it compares to my
> Pentium III, but it's likely somewhat slower at least for non-FP

Actually, the SPEC results I find for CINT2000 for "similar" machines
suggest that it's probably about as fast, so I think that with 2GB it
should be definitely still usable.
[ And who knows: maybe it can even be fitted with more than 2GB of RAM,
  since the 2GB info dates back to 2001.  ]

        Stefan "dreaming of a modern machine with a 2.25MB L1 cache"