Re: Unattended upgrade of grub failed

On 2023-10-08 11:25, Marco M. wrote:
Am 08.10.2023 um 11:09:53 Uhr schrieb Jesper Dybdal:

It seems to have a problem with "grub-pc".  But I thought that
grub-pc was only for BIOS boot, and that by installing the UEFI
version grub-pc would disappear or at least be disabled.
Uninstall grub-pc if you are on an UEFI system.
You can still have the .deb in /var/cache/apt, so you can reinstall it
in a chroot environment of you fear.

I did uninstall grub-pc (and grub2).  I then installed the new point release (11.8) before rebooting.

After the reboot, which went well, I noticed that the new kernel version was "held back".  An explicit install of the new kernel seemed to succeed, and everything seems to work ok now.

Thank you!!

--
Jesper Dybdal
https://www.dybdal.dk