Re: Intermittent WiFi on Network Manager

Am 07/10/2023 um 15:21 schrieb gene heskett:
On 10/7/23 09:08, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Am 07/10/2023 um 11:11 schrieb gene heskett:
Another possibility is a leaky microwave oven in the vicinity

This is an urban legend and an excuse I was using when I was in tech support.

Wireless cards w/o good pre-selectivity, which is all the ones we can get these days because of the pricing, WILL be interfered with by a leaky microwave, they are only about 5% different in operating frequency. Figuraively speaking, that microwave is 80 to 100 db louder than the wifi radio.  To design a wifi radio front end that would reliably reject the much "louder" microwave, would occupy 20x the cubic volume of todays wifi insert card that plugs into wannabe versions of the pi, or any number of 3d printer controllers and would likely cost close to 20x the cost of that postage stamp sized card.

And you are arguing with a broadcast engineer whose 1st phone dates from 63 years ago.  Yes, I've been there, and done that.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

We have color tv and stereo FM nowadays. And fax machines.

--
Ottavio Caruso