Re: PATH revisited: one PATH to "rule the [Debian] World"

On 24 Sep 2023 15:45 -0500, from tom.browder@gmail.com (Tom Browder):
> Bummer, unfortunately, that's the answer I expected. Now if I can find a
> clean way to do that consistently.

Well, I still think the gist of my suggestion stands: make a script to
set up $PATH the way you want it (for both root and non-root users
respectively); put that script somewhere, anywhere really; and invoke
it from where you need $PATH set up.

That way, if you miss some path (no pun intended), all you need is to
figure out how to execute or source a script through there in such a
way that it affects the resultant environment; and if you want to make
adjustments later, you can do that in _one_ location.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”