Re: Letting Windows go: scanning

Hi,

On 20 Sep 2023 at 12:06:12, Tom Browder wrote:
> One major thing I use my windows host for is using my HP multifunction
> laser printer to scan to pdf to save locally.  I have just installed
> gscan2pdf and sane but I am still missing something.

I use xsane in one scanner.

I think that you have lots of advice in the thread. But if I can add
something: I've also used https://www.hamrick.com/ when sane didn't have
the drivers. It's a paid software, for Linux, I had good experience with
it.

This is just an alternative that worked for me on Debian, if using the
Debian packages doesn't work for you (unsupported or other problems).

--
Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat || Wiktionary translations: https://kamus.pina.cat