Re: Emacsclient bug in sid

On Friday, 1 September 2023 04:37:37 CEST Wang Yizhen wrote:
>  Whenever I finished editing, I would delete the frame while keeping the
> emacs running as daemon in the background. And next time when I wish to
> edit anything, I would use the emacsclient command in the terminal.
> `emacsclient -c -a ""` somehow does the work, but it occupies the terminal
> until the new emacsclient frame is killed, and that is the reason why I
> added the `-n` flag.

An emacs daemon is now provided by default with sid:

e.g:

$ systemctl --user status emacs.service
● emacs.service - Emacs text editor
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/emacs.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /home/domi/.config/systemd/user/emacs.service.d
             └─override.conf
     Active: active (running) since Sun 2023-09-03 18:48:53 CEST; 21h ago
       Docs: info:emacs
             man:emacs(1)
             https://gnu.org/software/emacs/
[snip]

Note the --user flag which means that emacs is running as a normal user.

Do you have such a setup on your system ?

HTH