Re: /etc/resolv.conf changes every booting time

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 07:57:07PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 06 Aug 2023 at 20:50:26 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > Sorry you are so offended by a hosts file user Andy, but when the guys
>
> Did someone mention a hosts file?

If I understand correctly, Gene identifies himself as "a hosts file
user" and one of his major delusions is that there is some
conspiracy within the Debian-like world to make the life of people
who make use of /etc/hosts very hard. One of the ways, in this
delusion, that it is made hard is by "forcing everyone to use a DHCP
server", which also leads to Gene's resolv.conf being modified,
which Gene does not like and uses the immutable file approach to
prevent.

I think since I have criticised the immutable resolv.conf "solution",
Gene has decided I must be part of this wide-ranging conspiracy and
so I must be offended that he *also* uses hosts files. That is, he's
saying I am offended by "a hosts file user", i.e. him and by
extension what he does, not offended by "a hosts file". It did take
me some effort to parse.

That is my best guess at how this particular one of Gene's bizarre
rants even tangentially connects with reality as I know it, anyway.

Cheers,
Andy