Re: How do I remotely access the computer in the next room?

On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 12:17:36AM +0100, Alain D D Williams wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2023 at 06:49:07PM -0400, hobie of RMN wrote:
> > Hi, All -
> >
> > I need the best way currently available to operate my brother's computer
> > in the next room through my computer [...]

> Claws-mail stores mail in the MH mailbox format. Mutt can handle MH mailboxes.
> Why not use mutt via ssh on his machine, for most messages you do not need to
> use X (ie graphics), this might mean that the connection is more robust.

If you are comfortable with mutt, I'd first try exactly this. Install mutt
on your brother's computer and run it over ssh without X (perhaps things are
stable then).

Unfortunately it's difficult to know what's going wrong when the connection
"crumbles". It may be related to X, but then it may not. More debugging
would be necessary.

Cheers