Re: Bash invocation, was Re: 60-serial.rules, broken

On Fri, Jun 09, 2023 at 09:47:56AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 6/9/23 09:33, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > Start with .xsessionrc (the Debian hack) and see if that works.  Put a
> > PATH modification in there, and also put something like
> >
> > export GENETEST=hello
> >
> in a $HOME/.xsessionrc had no effect on a new xfce4 terminal.

Did you log out and back in, or did you simply start a new XFCE4
terminal within an existing session?  The .xsessionrc file is only
read during X session startup, not when running various applications
like terminal emulators.

(Yes, I know, it's a PAIN to log out and back in, at least for me, and
it sounded like for you too... but it's required for this test to be
meaningful.  It's not urgent, so you can do it when it's convenient.)