Re: Please help with not booting from USB so to install Debian

Thank you Andrew and Charles.

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> writes:

> What model of machine is this - and how new?

Here it is:

 https://www.amazon.it/KUU-Notebook-Prozessor-Bluetooth-portatile/dp/B0C4TGXKBC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3PK1MW55MAOA

> How did you write the image to the USB stick?

This way:

 $ dd if=debian-11.7.0-i386-netinst.iso of=/dev/sdd bs=4M; sync

As I said, another machine of mine boots regularly into it, so it must be ok.

> CSM is probably not needed. USB boot *should* work but there is a
> way of forcing boot only to Windows 11 in some machines. (I had this
> on a relatively new T490).
>
> Does it show any messages?

No message: it simply boots into Windows instead of the USB drive that I chose
in the menu.

Thanks,

Rodolfo