Re: Mount Permissions

On 6/4/23 5:46 PM, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 04, 2023 at 11:59:21AM -0400, ce wrote:
> > I have a mountpoint where all files under it have a group `fuse`.
>
> You need to provide details, or else nobody can help you with anything.
>
> What kind of hardware is this file system on?
>
> What kind of file system is it?
>
> How did you mount it?  (Show the command you used, and any output that
> it produced.)
>
> What does "mount" with no arguments say about the file system?  (Hint:
> you can grep for the name of the file system.)
>
> What does the root level of the file system look like in "ls -la"?
>
> What did you EXPECT it to look like?

sid amd64 with btrfs

/etc/fstab:

```
LABEL=part2 /mnt/part2 btrfs compress=lzo 0 1
```

$ ls -l /mnt/part2
```
drwxr-xr-x 1 me root 34 May 01 00:40 @subvolume
```

$ ls -l /mnt/part2/@subvolume

Some entries have user `me` but most entries have user `fuse`.

Idk what mount says it's mounted automatically.

chmod allows changing the group.

Let's see what a reboot does.