problem with local DNS

I am using a Lonova all in one computer with the latest debian on it.  Bullseye is working fine except for the warning I get as follows:  your current proxy settings do not allow local DNS req (network.proxy.socks_remote)dns).

I have the nordvpn installed and I wonder if that is part of the problem.  Or maybe not.  I do not want to get rid of the vpn if at all possible.  I appreciate your help.  Intel® Core™ i3-9100T CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4,  Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2).

Moe