Re: repeat of previous question that has gone unansweredseveraltimes.

On 5/1/23 14:31, Brian wrote:
On Mon 01 May 2023 at 13:22:47 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

On 5/1/23 12:30, Brian wrote:

[...]

The -l option asks the queue for the specific options it offers. The response
indicates something wrong with CUPS on bpi51. I haven't any problem when doing
this and getting sensible outputs on my Debian unstable machine.

Which isn't quite a 1:1 comparison as that will be bookworm shortly.

Or, should I update the bullseyes to unstable? IDK and I'm not even sure
how...

Forget about doing that. I was merely commenting that my Debian did not
behave like yours. Is yours a fruit-flavoured varian?

Assuming your buster machines (which are working) have similar setups to bpi51,

Which is a bullseye machine. And has a totally different content to the
/etc/cups directory as shown by my last post, much more complex on the
bullseye installs that don't work.

THe difference is highly likely to be relevant. You are grasping at straws.

you couls try the two commands (and all the others in this thread) on one of
those.

I'd think I could start by comparing cupsd.conf's, but miss And I can't see
the trees for all this forest in the way in both, but missing is a
client.conf. I think... But that is probably whats wrong, me thinking.

A client.conf is unneeded on a well-behaved CUPS system that obtains info
from avahi-daemon.

in the past, its been required to nuke any and all instances found with avahi in its name in order to get rid of the totally bogus 169.xx.xxx.xxx. default route address as is now reported by ip r after a reboot. This has been true even before jessie. However I've now re-installed it on two of these armbian bullseye machines w/o losing my network. Perhaps it has learned some manners since jessie? Network Manager, my other major headache certainly has.

Take care and stay well Brian.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis