Re: efi problem

On 2023-04-22, mick.crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
>> DdB
> This sounds encouraging.
> Any idea what the correct manifestation  would  be to get the PC to boot
> the debian installer CD?
> What as wrong with boot from CD, disk 1, disk 2, some convoluted network
> connection?

Install grml-rescueboot

sudo apt-get install grml-rescueboot
Place bootable ISO files in the /boot/grml folder.

Since this is a system folder, the operation must be conducted as
"root". For example, if the ISO is located in the user's Downloads
folder, the command would be:
sudo mv ~/Downloads/<filename.iso> /boot/grml/
Update GRUB
sudo update-grub

(If I'm understanding everything correctly, this is the non-hacker way.)