Re: update-initramfs

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:57:04 -0500
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2023/04/msg00405.html
>
> I was left with a system whose Grub menu only contained entries for
> the new system, because os-prober no longer scours all the other
> partitions for OSes any more.¹ To get back to booting bullseye by
> default, the easiest way was to boot bullseye the once, and then run
> install-grub /dev/sda.

I believe the preferred way to get back to including other OSs in
grub's menu is to enable the OS prober by adding the following (if
necessary) to /etc/default/grub, un-commenting the last line, and
running update-grub.

# Uncomment this to run os-prober to search for and add other OS
# installations to the grub boot menu
#GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

See: