Re: Is perl still the No.1 language for sysadmin?

debian-user wrote:

>> One aspect of Python is that so many people use it so there
>> is so much information, web pages, books, the works.
>> Whatever issue you have, Google will find a solution,
>> pretty much every time. I don't have more than "I've done
>> it" experience from Perl but if we compare Lisp to Python
>> when it comes to readily available web (and other)
>> resources, Python wins - and huge.
>
> Duh, Python has nearly as much as Perl maybe :) Introducing
> Lisp as a substitute for comparison is a neat idea but is
> still cheating!
>
> CPAN is still the original and best.
> https://perldoc.perl.org/ is pretty good. There are
> thousands (?) of books and lots of works, many of them
> modules on CPAN. Then there's https://www.perlmonks.org/ or
> just look at
> https://perlhacks.com/articles/rtfm/perl-websites/ for
> many more.

Okay, maybe you're right ... Where I come from almost everyone
knows some (enough) Python whereas Perl is much more
old-school coolness. But granted I don't come from all places.

But I still think I'm right, don't people say for example LAMP
- Linux Apache MySQL Perl, nowadays Python, mostly?

Isn't it much more in use?

And "My" is a Swedish name, not an English possessive pronoun,
and SQL is pronounced "seekwell" :)

Okay, my school isn't old school but it is getting there ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal