Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing two text files where Word Wrap is possible?

On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 12:10:27PM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
>     To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>     Subject: Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing
> two text files where Word Wrap is possible?
>     From: <tom***@tux***.de***>
>     Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 07:56:24 +0200
> <[🔎] [🔎] CAEG4cZUS4DYT02PVm5bYvrpxTxVDEYBTHFGWHRHi80uPoY962A@mail.gmail.com>
>
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2023 at 09:07:30AM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > The above limitations directs me to suggest to Debian Teams across all
> > Mailing Lists and the Board to have GPT4 added to extend
> > functionalities of GNU-Linux systems [...]
>
> GPT is not free software, so it can't be included in Debian.
>
> Besides, it's being used in very free-software unfriendly ways, but this
> is a whole different story.
>
> Cheers
> --
>

> [     ...     ]
>
> Strange, isn't it, Mr. Tomas? They named the project as OpenAI.

Perhaps (quite probably) the original authors dreamt of some
openness. Then, big Microsoft money flowed in.

Those things happen time and again. Remember when Google had
"do no evil" as motto?

> Would
> like to know the aspects on "... Besides, it's being used in very
> free-software unfriendly ways, but this
> is a whole different story."

I'm not going into big depths here. One use of OpenAI's software,
though, has been discussed in this list: Github Copilot (a Microsoft
product). It uses all the software published under Github (even
that published under copyleft licenses) without even helping the
users to follow the license the software is coming from.

Microsoft says this is no problem. On the other hand, they don't
train Copilot with their own proprietary software (they seem to
see a problem there).

I'm convinced that they are trying to dilute the significance
of copyleft licenses. I don't think that's their main thrust,
but they see that as a collateral benefit.

This is, in my eyes, hostile to free software.

Cheers