Re: Forcing dhclient to not ignore tun0 interface when it's available

Hello

On 2023-03-03 06:22, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 03/03/2023 10:08, Tim Woodall wrote:
New to this thread, so might be totally off-piste but openvpn has hooks
to run scripts like this:
This is server side but the route-up/pre-down work client side too.

Since it's workplace's VPN, which I don't have access to, I can't do anything which requires server-side access. Plus, it's a Cisco VPN. I don't anythig aout cisco stuff. I'm more familiar with openVPN

Presumably you can do something here to renew dhcp leases or restore
resolv.conf.

Perhaps the opposite. dhclient running for enp2s0f0 should detect that
VPN is active and to avoid overwriting DNS settings that direct
requests to tun0.

Yes, indeed. I want dhclient to NOT overwrite /etc/resolv.conf when VPN is active. OR to use tun05 when it tries to renew the lease

One person at work suggested to use resolvectl/resolvconf but after looking at it, I noticed it requires using sytemd-resolved, which I don't use. As an alternative, there is openresolv, which seems work without resolved. But I failed to find any document on how to useit with openconnect. The official website config page only gives parameters for some well-known local resolvers, including unbound. If anyone has a good documention on how to configure openresolv correctly to use it with openconnect.

Thing is : years ago I used to use OpenVPN on debian on another computer, the DHCP client was also dhclient but I didn't to do any extra configuration, it just worked… The only differences was an older debian version, as the stable batk them was like Debian 7 or 8, and I was using wicd instead. So the network stuff probably changed since then

Therefore I have no damn idea on how to configure stuff like openresolv.