Re: mount new block deivce in existing dir

The provider has separated block device service, like what Ceph does.
So I have to buy another 100GB block device as the secondary disk.

Sincerely,
Ken Young

On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 6:26 AM Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 03:11:43AM +0800, Ken Young wrote:
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/vda1       9.7G  1.5G  7.9G  16% /
>
> So I want to add a block device /dev/vdb and fdisk/format it and mount it
> as /home dir.

Have you checked your VPS provider's documentation to see if you
can simply increase the size of the vda disk and vda1 partition?
This is very commonly available with VPS setups and can often even
be done without you rebooting.

Cheers,
Andy