Re: how to activate my wireless card? nmtui only shows wireless connections . . .

On Sat 04 Mar 2023 at 00:03:16 (+0000), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> On 3/3/23, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Try removing the atheros module with:
> >
> >   # rmmod ath10k_pci
> >
> > (check its name in /proc/modules), and then reload it with
> >
> >   # modprobe ath10k_pci
> >
> > and check dmesg again.
>
>  Bingo! Those were the steps that enable me to see the wireless
> network with nmtui ...

Good to hear.

>  a) sudo rmmod ath10k_pci
>
>  b) cat /proc/modules | grep "ath10k_pci"
>
>  c) sudo modprobe ath10k_pci
>
>  d) sudo ip link
>
>  e) nmtui
>
>  I will retest all the steps when I get a chance to make sure to go
> through the steps from a "blank slate", new start

I'll just point out that   cat /proc/modules   was added as an
afterthought in case (a) failed, so if (a) succeeds, you don't
need to do (b). There's always a chance, when removing modules,
that one is busy, or another has to be removed at the same time
as the one, because it's a dependent.

Also, now that the firmware is in place, if you repeat those steps,
you're /likely/ to find that ath10k_pci is busy, because the link
will be configured automatically in the first few seconds after
booting up.

Cheers,
David.