Re: solution to / full

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 18:12:09 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed 01 Mar 2023 at 17:43:41 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > In a pinch, you can "sudo apt-get clean", which purges the APT
> > package cache, which lives in /var. You didn't show us /var,
> > which might be interesting too (/var/log, in case some logs
> > aren't rotated properly?)
>
> There should not be any actual packages in /var/cache/apt.

What should cause/prevent that?

On unstable, I have a /var/cache/apt/archives directory, from which apt
autoclean, which I do occasionally, recently removed about 5G of
packages (obviously too occasionally). There's still quite a bit there
as it was only autoclean and I prefer to keep downloads around for a
while, as this is unstable.

--
Joe