Re: How can I check (and run) if an *.exe is a DOS or a Windows program?

On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 11:33:44 +0000, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   GROUPS.2       QWORDS.SM     SM.EXE       SM.OVR
>   GROUPS.SM      README.1ST    SMHOME.HLP   SM.PIF
>   HAMWORDS.SM    REGWORDS.SM   SM.ICO       SMRADIO.HLP

	I do not have 16 bit Windows executables at hand for testing, so
I do not really know, it file command detects dos correctly.
	But this particular file listing has SM.EXE and SM.PIF. Which
strongly suggests, that SM.EXE is dos program (because PIF file WIndows
configuration file for DOS VM used to execute that executable).

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee