Re: My X freezes on cold days - how to get back control

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 17:55:59 -0600
Ram Ramesh <rramesh2400@gmail.com> wrote:

>    When left overnight in dpms state, my Xorg stays in that state
> ignoring any key inputs when I attempt to use the system next day
> morning.  This happens only when the overnight temps go low enough to
> trigger some issue.

This sounds suspiciously like a hardware issue: a loose connector or a
loose IC in its socket. I'd shut the thing down, and remove and
re-insert every connector. If that doesn't work, do the same, and open
up the case and re-seat cards, ICs, and cables. I'd also tighten up any
screws.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com