Re: testing update of firefox (to firefox_108.0-1) may not work

On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 10:30:44 +1300
Ash Joubert <ash@transient.nz> wrote:

Hello Ash,

>Also affects sid. For those affected, the bug is:

songbird's subject is ambiguous;
Could mean "testing repo..."
Could mean "I am testing v108...."

AFAICS the issue only affects sid, since Firefox only exists there never
anywhere else.  Only firefox-esr is migrated out of sid.  Now, that's not
to say the bad version couldn't be migrated to -esr, but that seems
unlikely.

ff-esr in testing isn't at 108, only 102.  Therefore, my guess is that
songbird meant the second of the two options for subject meaning.

Finally, the second option can be sub-divided into;
"...v108 from sid"
or
"...v108 from the Mozilla web site"

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"