Re: Detailed Leafpad manual [not just manpage]?

On 2022-12-04 at 07:56, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 05:29:58AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
>
>> I wish to document a personal project.The desired format will
>> resemble the outline for term papers we wrote in school in the
>> 50's. Except some items may be a short paragraph or two long.
>>
>> I did a web search for text editors with an auto-indent feature.
>> The only one I recognized was Leafpad. But I couldn't find
>> appropriate documentation or "howto". Where would I find it?
>>
>> Any other suggestions for a basic text editor in the Debian
>> repository with an auto-indent feature. I'm not interested in a
>> full blown word processor.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Richard,
>
> Leafpad was removed from Debian quite a while ago in Stretch -
> oldoldstable.
>
> Might I suggest gedit or similar. Or even emacs or vim :)

I'll note that a "based-on" editor called Mousepad is available in
current stable and testing, and a "forked from" editor called l3afpad is
available in current testing.

Neither of those addresses the original question about a manual, though,
unless one of them happens to come with it in e.g.
/usr/share/docs/[packagename].

I do see that the listed homepage for Mousepad is
https://docs.xfce.org/apps/mousepad/start, and that seems to be
documentationary, although it's not clear whether it'd be in-depth
enough for what was requested.

--
   The Wanderer