Re: exif --remove not idempotent, and a Debian man page bug

Am 21.09.2022 14:46, schrieb Emanuel Berg:
I don't know what the intended behaviof of "exif --remove -o
file file" is. I'm imagining [...]

exif(1) which says on line 57 that --remove

  Remove the tag or (if no tag is specified) the entire IFD.

"Idempotent" means, that a task with the same input data and the same config (for example to remove a tag via exif-tool) results in the same output data. Is this the case here?

Only if it does, why is it there the next time to be removed
as well?

Maybe related to the '-o f f' part as your imagination
tells you ...

The "-o" means: "Write output image to FILE". And it does so, as far as I can see.

hede