Re: Memory leak

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 10:05:27AM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, February 13, 2022 01:29:09 AM tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 09:21:00AM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> >

> I'm sure they are not one from each tab -- I often have 100 tabs open (in
> Jessie's Firfox, upto 3000 in Wheezy's Firefox), and typically see between 3
> and maybe 8 Web Content pages.

Everybody has their own preferences but:

Wheezy is very well out of any support as is Jessie - Jessie is still
just about in support until June 30th 2022 as ELTS.
[Wheezy left ELTS on 2020-06-30]

It's probably not safe to connect these to the Internet with almost
no security support - perhaps consider upgrading to something a few
years more modern?

> Typically they use about 3 to 3.5 GiB VIRT and much less RES (like less than
> 0.5 GiB), but occasionally I see RES hit figures like 1+ GiB  --n when I see
> those I try to finish what I'm doing on a given web page and then kill that
> process (I try to finish because it is likely that killing that process will
> "wipe out" the content of the page I am currently viewing (although I can
> reload the page).
>
> > Cheers
> >
> > [1] https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/04/11/the-why-of-electrolysis/
> > [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_of_Firefox#Firefox_57_and_above