Re: On improving mailing list [was: How to Boot Linux ISO Images Directly From Your Hard Drive Debian]

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 10:19:19PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> I am asking the Debian Project to can this list in favour of an
> alternate solution or else to make it strictly for Debian-related
> posts only.

I want to walk this one back a bit as there's no need to destroy the
community that exists here already by forcing it to move elsewhere.

What I meant to say is that I think it'd be best if debian-user
continue to exist as it is while having its support element covered
by some other thing, and that be consistently documented throughout
Debian's documentation and websites wherever debian-user currently
is pointed to.

As mentioned, ideally I would see that support function served by a
Stack Overflow-like web site as I think those are easier to keep
focused for question-answer purposes. However if a mailing list
absolutely had to be used then it should be understood that posts
not related to Debian would not be welcome, and for that to be
enforced.

Thanks,
Andy