Re: Error starting any Debian installation (on an AMD SEV enabled KVM)

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 02:04:49PM +0200, Office onFocus wrote:
> I cannot start an installation of a debian * .iso (install, live, ..) from any installation medium.
>
> This problem affects all Debian images. There are no problems with Ubuntu or CentOS! As soon as you
> boot the ISO and click Install, there is no error message and the boot process begins again (loop).

How did you create your installation media?

> This problem has been around for a long time, and it only occurred to me now that it only affects Debian. For testing I recommend the tutorial https://docs.ovh.com/asia/en/dedicated/enable-and-use-amd-sme-sev/
>
> Server: buster / sid
> Libvirt: 7.0.0-3
> qemu: 1: 5.2 + dfsg-11
>
> I hope you can help me soon so that I can install a KVM (sev) with Debian.

I assume you want to create a KVM image? How do you try to start the instance
for installation?
(Please list the complete line for running kvm)

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com