Re: Debian-friendly laptop

Hi,

On 2021-05-20 2:23 p.m., mj wrote:

> On 5/20/21 5:04 PM, Celejar wrote:
>> Lenovo's official ThinkPad prices are indeed always high, even on their
>> perpetual sales. I think that most of us who buy them for personal use
>> do so on the secondhand / refurbished market.
>
> Yes, and I would like to point out that the high price tag is in my
> opinion NOT justified by exta good or extra easy warranty. We have had
> several bad and disappointing experiences with lenovo warranty for quite
> expensive laptops.
>
> Since then we buy only dell laptops, and life has been good. Including
> linux compatibility on the latitudes. (but then again.. perhaps we have
> simpy been lucky, who knows)

I've had many Dell Latitudes and HP Elitebook, all running under Linux
and no problem with compatibility, all models being 2015 & up.

With the HP it was easy to find business dock and have expansion, we
even got some of them working with the 3G/4G cellular modem for
associates working in Congo. With the extra battery they we're able to
work for 12 hours non-stop.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside