Re: vlan interface renamed

Le 07/04/2021 à 10:54, Reco a écrit :
	Hi.

On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 09:53:57AM +0200, Erwan David wrote:
How Am I a supposed to have this working ?

By disabling problematic renaming of course:

cat > /etc/systemd/network/00-vlan.link << EOF
[Match]
Type=vlan

[Link]
NamePolicy=kernel
MACAddressPolicy=none
EOF

update-initramfs -k all -u

Alas it does not work. interface is still renamed

And here it gets interesting.
What about:

udevadm test /sys/class/net/rename12

Reco

Thanks it gave the explanation. I had .link units for renaming the physical interfaces (a systemd upgrade changed it's scheme thus my configuration was useless enp4s0f0 became enp4s0f0np0)

the unit only matched on the mac address

[Match]
MACAddress=24:8a:07:5a:93:9c

[Link]
Name=lan0

But bond interface gets mac address of it's first interface and vlan interface of its master interface. Thus this unit applied to my bond0.4011 and renaming failed because of existing interface with name lan0
udevadm told me the unit was applicable.

I changed it to

[Match]
Driver=mlx5_core
MACAddress=24:8a:07:5a:93:9c